Our annual Fall Craft Show has over 300 booths. All crafters who apply must submit photos of their work in progress as well as photos of the finished product.
Our student athletes assist you in moving in on Friday and loading out on Sunday. Crafters are assigned specific, staggered load in times by area to assure a smooth move in with minimal or no waiting.
Applications can be requested at our email address or by sending a SASE to :PO BOX 616, Orland Park, IL 60462.
Over the past few years, about 10% of the exhibitors have been buy/sell or home party demonstrators. This year, there seemed to be a little more than that, but spaced out enough where it still feels like a craft show, not a vendor show or flea market.
Event/Application Rules & Regulations
CARL SANDBURG HIGH SCHOOL
ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB FALL CRAFT SHOW
****RULES AND REGULATIONS****
1. You are required to supply photos for EACH type of craft that you intend to sell. The photos must show you making your craft, your tools and the materials/supplies in raw form, the craft 1/3 completed, 2/3 completed and the completed craft.
2. If you fail to furnish these photos, your application will be rejected.
3. A committee will judge the photos of your craft, to verify compliance of our requirement that all crafts are hand-made by the crafter selling them.
4. You may be asked to supply additional photos if the committee deems it necessary.
5. Your cancelled check is your proof of acceptance into the show.
6. Space sizes are approximately 11’ x 7’. A few spaces in the hallway are 13’ x 6’. Rental tables are 2 ½’ x 6’. 1 chair will be provided per space rented. Electricity is available, but limited.
7. NSF Checks will result in a charge of $30.00, which must be paid before the show.
8. Refunds will be issued within sixty (60) days prior to the show. All requests for a refund must be in writing and be postmarked by the 60 day deadline.
9. The Palos Park Fire Protection District sets the specifications for the show and does inspect the show continuously throughout the two days. Anyone believed to be responsible for a hazardous situation will be asked to correct it immediately. Failure to comply will result in automatic removal from the show, with no refund.
10. Per the Fire Marshal, crafters using electric must supply 3 prong extension cords and circuit breaker type extension cords. 2 PRONG HOUSEHOLD EXTENTION CORDS will not be allowed in any booth.
11. Pressure type cylinders must be enclosed in a strand or chained to a wall. Under no circumstances will a free standing cylinder be allowed.
12. This is a smoke-free campus. Violators will be asked to leave. No refunds will be issued.
13. Confirmation letters with space assignments and load-in instructions will be mailed during the first week of November.
14. Our student athletes will assist crafters, in bringing items into the building. Crafters who have multiple vehicles or large trucks must have sufficient people with them to unload in a timely manner.
15. EVERY CRAFTER WILL BE ASSIGNED A LOAD-IN TIME ON FRIDAY EVENING, THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
16. All crafters must be checked-in and set-up by 9:00 pm on Friday. No spaces will be held beyond 9:00 pm. No refunds will be issued. Empty spaces will be filled from our crafter waiting list.
17. During the show, you must wear the nametag furnished to you. Anyone without a nametag will have to pay the entry fee to be admitted into the building.
18. Specific doors will be open for crafters 1 hour before show entry time to allow you time for final preparations.
19. The Athletic Booster Club will offer free booth services for concession to crafters. Detailed information will be in your welcome packet.
20. ALL CRAFTERS MUST PARK AT OFF CAMPUS PARKING & UTILIZE THE FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE. VIOLATORS WILL BE TOWED AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE.
Common Rules Selected:
Jury materials, slides or photos, will not be returned to you. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. Conditional Partial or Full Refunds by conditions such as date and whether your space is resold. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! No pop guns, marshmellow guns or other disruptive items may be sold. Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. No Gas Generators. No Early Packup Allowed. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. NO Setup until vehicle fully unloaded and moved. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.
Event Quality Level Determining Flags:
Photos of workshop, supplies, or works in progress required.
All items must be mostly hand made, no minor Embellishments only.
Limited number of Artists per category.
No inventory boxes in view.
All product types to be sold must be listed on application.
Pre-show inspection of items and booths will be performed.
Vendors with items violating contract terms WILL BE asked to remove them.
Exhibitors must wear name badges. Determined Quality Level: 4
quality levels explained