Event/Application Rules & Regulations
WINTER, FEBRUARY 7, 2009
SPRING, MAY 2, 2009
SUMMER MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL, JULY 11 & 12, 2009
SUMMER, AUGUST 15 & 16, 2009
HOLIDAY, DECEMBER 5 & 6, 2009
SET UP TIME: Saturday - 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM (WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER & HOLIDAY FAIRS)
Sunday - 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM (SUMMER & HOLIDAY FAIRS)
Saturday & Sunday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (SUMMER MUSIC & ART FESTIVAL)
Munster Parks and Recreation and Munster High School assume no responsibility for displays and/or merchandise.)
SET UP IS NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME ON FRIDAY
SHOW HOURS: Saturday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (WINTER FAIR, SPRING FAIR)
Saturday & Sunday, 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM (SUMMER MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL)
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (SUMMER & HOLIDAY FAIRS)
PLACE: WINTER/HOLIDAY FAIRS SUMMER MUSIC SPRING/SUMMER FAIR
Munster High School Centennial Park Community Park
8808 Columbia Avenue 90l N. Centennial Dr. 8601 Calumet Ave.
Munster, IN Munster, IN Munster, IN
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the fair is filled. Vendors will be notified whether or not they have been entered into the Fair.
BOOTH FEE: $75.00 (WINTER FAIR) for booth space approximately 10’ x 10’
$75.00 (SPRING FAIR) for booth space approximately 10’ x 10’
$100.00 (SUMMER MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL) for booth space approximately 10’ x 10’
$90.00 (SUMMER FAIR) for booth space approximately 15’ x 15’
$145.00 (HOLIDAY FAIR) for booth space approximately 10’ x 10’
CHECKS OR MONEY ORDER ONLY
$20.00 LATE FEE IF APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE FOLLOWING DATES: (Winter-December 19, Spring-April 17, SMAF-April 1, Summer-July 16, Holiday-March 1).
LIMIT TWO BOOTH SPACES
ELECTRIC FEE: Electric space is limited (WINTER, LADIES SPRING FLING, & HOLIDAY FAIRS).
$20.00 per 110 volt plug-in.
SELECTION: Applications will be reviewed by Munster Parks and Recreation staff on an individual basis. Vendors will be accepted into the fair based on jury requirements being met (see page 2) and on the number of media(s) received. The jury reserves the right to reject any and all applications. All Fair applications will be juried and checks cashed as they arrive at the Munster Parks and Recreation office, except for the Holiday Fair.
MEDIA Oil Painting, Pen & Ink Drawing, Watercolors, Acrylics, Blown Glass, Tole Painting,
ACCEPTED: Sculpture, Clay Pottery, Photography Prints, Wood, Fabric, Carvings, Calligraphy,
Floral, Ceramic, Jewelry and Wearable Arts.
NFS CHECKS: ALL Non-Sufficient Fund Checks will be assessed a $27.50 Service Charge.
REFUNDS: NO refunds will be made once you are confirmed as a Vendor into the Fair.
ADVERTISING: Newspapers, Posters, Flyers, Cable TV, Arts & Craft Fairs Publications, Seasonal Brochures.
PARKING: Vendors must park their vehicles in an assigned parking area by 8:30 a.m.
TAX RATE: The Indiana Retail Tax Rate is 7%. Please have your “Retail Merchant Certificate” with you.
ARTISTS & CRAFTERS (PLEASE READ)
1. JURY REQUIREMENTS: Vendors must submit four color photographs of their work. This includes 2 “IN PROGRESS PHOTOS” of their work (starting and mid-way progress) and two “FINISHED” photographs of their work. Also, vendors are to submit 1 photograph of their display or a sketch of the display on the back of the application form. Vendors may bring their items into the Munster Parks and Recreation Office for approval, but they must also submit the photographs required for their participation.
Vendors not accepted into the Fair will have their photos returned. Vendors accepted into the Fair will have their photos returned at the Fair.
2. Vendors must be 18 years of age or older.
3. NO IMPORTS, WHOLESALERS, FLEA MARKETS OR JOBBERS will be allowed. All Arts & Crafts must be handmade and original works and designs of the Vendor. Munster Parks and Recreation reserves the right to limit the number of entries per media.
4. NO ACCESSORIES (unless they are the handmade and original works and designs of the Vendor) can be sold.
5. NO PACKAGED FOOD PRODUCTS are to be sold by Arts & Craft Vendors (i.e. candy bars).
6. NO GIFT BASKETS of any kind are to be sold by Arts & Craft Vendors.
7. Vendors may only sell the items that were approved with their application. If non-approved items are displayed for sale or any reason, vendors will be asked to remove these items. If the item(s) are not removed, vendors will be asked to leave the Fair, and will not be accepted into any future Fairs. This includes any Fair into which the vendor has already been accepted.
8. Vendors are required to exhibit both days and all hours of the Fair, and to be on time. Early departing vendors and those vendors who fail to exhibit both days of the Fair (i.e. no-shows) will not be accepted into future Fairs. This includes any Fair into which the vendor has already been accepted.
9. Display booths and areas must be kept clean and neat at all times. All packing boxes, supplies and personal food containers must be hidden from the public view. The vendor booth and area must be left clean and neat at the end of the Fair. Vendors are to remove the masking tape from the floor and around your booth space before the doors open to the public on Saturday.
10. Vendors may not display or distribute any arts and crafts or information pertaining to their arts and crafts outside their designated booth(s). Any violators of this rule will be asked to leave the Fair immediately.
11. DEMONSTRATIONS: Vendors are encouraged to demonstrate their work. If what you are demonstrating will do damage to the floor, you will have to bring a floor covering (i.e. rug) to cover the floor area inside your booth where you will be demonstrating. If you do not adhere to this request, you will not be able to demonstrate your work.
12. No candle or incense burning is allowed.
13. Displays boards must not be higher than seven (7’) feet. Anything over that height must be pre-approved by Munster Parks and Recreation. The backside of your Display Boards must be finished.
14. Electrical outlets may only be used if the appropriate fee is paid. If you request an electrical outlet(s), you must bring your own electrical cords and tape. (indoor fairs only)
15. Vendors must supply their own displays, chairs, tables, props and table coverings. No defacement or hanging anything on the walls of this facility is allowed.
16. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED. There is NO SMOKING allowed in Munster High School, including the restrooms. NO PETS allowed in Munster High School. All violators of these rules will be asked to leave the Fair and will not be accepted into future Fairs. This includes any Fair(s) that the vendor has already been accepted into.
17. Please follow an appropriate dress code.
18. Questions from vendors prior to the Fair, may be answered by calling Munster Parks and Recreation at (219) 836-PARK. During the Fair, Munster Parks and Recreation staff is available to answer any questions or concerns at the check-in/information table.
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Jury materials will be returned to you. Vendors do not have to signup for all event dates. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. No Refunds or Show Credits. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. Floor Length Table Cloth Required. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. NO Setup until vehicle fully unloaded and moved. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.