2-day fall festival celebrating everything apple. It's a celebration of the apple history on the Paradise ridge area dating as far back as the early 1900s. Festival features arts & crafts booths, business booths, food booths, children's games, storytelling and homemade apple pie and ice cream. The Ridge’s 41st annual fall festival celebrating “everything apple!” Foods, crafts, games and entertainment. Over 70 local volunteers bake 1200 apple pies (baked with paradise apples) over 150 arts & crafts booths, games, live entertainment & demonstrations, face painting and food for every palette. For more information please call ( or visit http://www.paradisechamber.com.
Event/Application Rules & Regulations
1. Participation is subject to the approval of the Johnny Appleseed Days Committee.
2. All vendors must have a signed and approved vendor application on file with the Johnny Appleseed Days Committee prior to the Johnny Appleseed Days festival.
3. The Johnny Appleseed Days festival will proceed “rain or shine.”
4. Festival selling hours are Saturday, Oct. 3, 2009 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 4, 2009 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
5. Vendors may setup on Friday, October 2, 2009 at 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. or on Saturday, Oct. 3, 2009 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Security will be provided both Friday and Saturday evenings.
6. Pets are prohibited in the festival area. Please leave your pets at home!
7. Vendors must display their vendor parking pass on the dashboard of their vehicle and park in one of the designated vendor parking areas. All-day VIP parking permits will be available for purchase for $5.00 at the event.
8. Sharing of vending space shall be upon approval of the Johnny Appleseed Days Committee.
9. All fine arts & crafts products must be handmade and created by the vendor or by members of the vendors group.
10. All arts & crafts vendors must submit photos or examples of their items/products for approval by the Johnny Appleseed Days Committee.
11. All equipment, merchandise and display items must be kept inside vendors assigned booth space.
12. At least one person must remain within their assigned booth space during the designated event hours. Vendors that do not comply with this requirement may result in non-acceptance for future event participation!
13. Booth take-down may not begin until the festival closes at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday
14. All vendors are responsible for clean-up of their own debris after closing. Trash, debris and leftover items removed by the Johnny Appleseed Days Committee will become the property of the Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce.
15. Vendors are responsible for following the Johnny Appleseed Days rules and regulations, the laws of the State of California, the Town of Paradise and Butte County including Butte County Public Health Department Guidelines.
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with enough postage for the jury materials you are sending to be returned to you. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. Conditional Partial or Full Refunds by conditions such as date and whether your space is resold. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! No pop guns, marshmellow guns or other disruptive items may be sold. Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. Additional Lighting Recommended (bring lights and cords). Canopies must be weighted down, no stakes allowed in ground. No Early Packup Allowed. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.
Event Quality Level Determining Flags:
Photos of workshop, supplies, or works in progress required.
All items must AT LEAST APPEAR hand made.
Artist must be present day of show.
All product types to be sold must be listed on application.
Vendors with items violating contract terms WILL BE asked to leave. Determined Quality Level: 3
quality levels explained