Event/Application Rules & Regulations
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Saint Charles Fire Marshall Requires the Following:
a. All canopies and tarps over 12’ x 12’ must be labeled flame retardant, or you must have a certificate issued by the canopy company, carnival or party supply that meets this requirement. Tarps can be made to any specification within the space provided. All tents must be flame retardant no matter what the size of the tent.
b. If your booth uses electricity, 14-Gauge Three-Pronged Electric Cords and multi-plug power strips with circuit breakers must be used.
c. A 5-lb 2A-rated ABC powder fire extinguisher is required in each booth.
2. No pets are allowed in your booth.
3. Each booth must provide or rent their chairs, table and lighting equipment, etc. The Oktoberfest committee will not be able to provide any of these items.
4. All booth and table fronts and backs must be draped where exposed to view and keep all packing materials out of sight. All booths or shelter must be safely constructed so there is no hazard to the public.
5. Oktoberfest participants are responsible for their merchandise and fully comprehend the risk of any and all loss and/or property damage that may occur. In consideration for the opportunity to be an Oktoberfest participant, the craft booth operators hereby waive any and all claims for loss and/or property damage of any kind or character whatsoever against the Oktoberfest committee, The Saint Charles Jaycees, the City of Saint Charles, their directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all expenses, claims, actions, liabilities, attorney fees, damages and losses of any kind whatsoever, actually or allegedly, resulting from or connected with the operation of the said booth.
6. NO SUBLEASING SHALL BE ALLOWED. Any person attempting to do business or display in booth space without having properly rented the space shall be promptly removed.
7. Security for Oktoberfest consists of off–duty police officers from our local Police Department and the Civil Air Patrol to guard the area after closing. They are stationed throughout Frontier Park. They are in no way responsible for theft or damage as stated above in paragraph #5.
8. Crafters must participate in all 3 days of the Oktoberfest, September 26, September 27, & September 28, 2008 unless arrangements have been made ahead of time. If you do not attend all days, you will not be allowed to participate in future Oktoberfest. If you cannot attend this year’s event, your entry fee will not be refunded. Crafters are only required to keep their booths open until 6 p.m. on Friday & Saturday & 5 p.m. on Sunday. Vehicles will not be allowed back into the park until 11:30 p.m. on Friday & Saturday night and 5:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Set – Up Time Vehiclesout of Frontier Park Open Closes Vehicles back in Frontier Park
Friday 12:00 p.m. to 3 p.m 3:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m. 11:00 p.m. 11:30 p.m.
Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. 10:00 a.m. 11:00 p.m. 11:30 p.m.
Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. 10:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. 5:30 p.m.
CRAFTERS MAY ALSO SET UP IN FRONTIER PARK FROM 4:00 P.M. TO 8 P.M. ON Thursday (September 25 ). NO ONE WILL BE AVAILABLE BEFORE 4:00 P.M. ON Thursday TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR BOOTH ASSIGNMENTS.
ALL FIRE INSPECTIONS WILL BEGIN PROMPLY AT 12:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON. YOU MUST BE SET-UP BY THEN, OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A MERCHANTS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE. IF YOUR BOOTH IS NOT READY FOR INSPECTION, THE FIRE DEPARTMENT WILL NOT RETURN TO RE-INSPECT.
9. ELECTRIC – Our electric supply is limited In Frontier Park. Electricity will be provided on the basis of need and availability. Both the crafters and food vendors must share electricity. If we are having problems with our electric supply, you may be asked to reduce your usage. Please cooperate with other crafters and the Oktoberfest committee. All electrical connections must not be on the ground, but you may attach the connection to a table leg. YOU MUST USE 14-GAUGE THREE-PRINGED ELECTRICAL CORDS AND MULTI-PLUG TEMPORARY POWER STRIP WITH CIRCUIT BREAKERS. No generators should be used by craft booths during Oktoberfest. Please limit the use of glue guns.
10. CLEAN UP – In prior years, spaces have been left littered with cigarette butts and small debris after the event. All crafters may want to bring a small rake in order to gather any small debris left in your space in Frontier Park. Any space not cleaned properly will be noted and that crafter will be denied access to future Oktoberfest.
11. SALES TAX – All Crafters and exhibitors will be responsible for collection and paying all Missouri and local sales tax.
12. ALL TRAILERS OR LARGE TRUCKS MUST BE PARKED IN THE Boat House Lot formally known as the GOLDENROD SHOWBOAT PARKING LOT. The City of Saint Charles will ticket any Trailer or Large Truck parked on Riverside Drive. No over-night camping will be allowed in Frontier Park or on the Goldenrod Showboat Parking Lot. Those crafters interest in camping should contact Sundermeier RV Park (636) 940-0111 or any other RV park.
13. WHILE YOU ARE IN FRONTIER PARK, PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE ON THE KATY TRAIL, WHICH IS THE ROCK AREA NEXT TO THE FENCE. The Katy Trail is a Missouri State Park.
14. Park Rules: Vehicle speed may not exceed 5 mph in park while setting up. It is required that a person must walk in front of all vehicles to warn pedestrian traffic of the moving vehicle hazards. Crafters should be aware of electric poles, wires, trees, benches, pedestrians, etc. throughout Frontier Park. Any and all damages will be at the vehicle operators’ expense.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION, PLEASE CALL Monica McCarthy at 314-346-0697 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. No Refunds or Show Credits. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. Additional Lighting Recommended (bring lights and cords). Vehicles can not be brought near stand for un/loading. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.