Our Sycamore Autumn Craft & Treasure Market held every year for over 30 years at the Sycamore High School, now located in the new Field House facility. Held during the annual PUMPKIN FESTIVAL, always the last full weekend of Oct. We have over 200 booths indoors! With over 12,000 customers annually. Sensational concession area, well staffed, ideally located. Minutes from I-88. Busing services to all events in and around town. Large parking area with golf carts aiding customers to & from their cars. We always fill!
Our Sycamore Autumn Craft & Treasure Market held every year for over 30 years at the Sycamore High School, now located in the new Field House facility. Held during the annual PUMPKIN FESTIVAL, always the last full weekend of Oct. We have over 200 booths indoors! With over 12,000 customers annually. Sensational concession area, well staffed, ideally located. Busing services to all events in and around town. Large parking area with golf carts aiding customers to & from their cars. We always fill!
Back in 1956, Wally Thurow, who is known as Sycamoreďż˝s "Mr. Pumpkin", began what was to become the Sycamore Pumpkin Festival when he displayed a few decorated pumpkins on his front lawn to turn Halloween into a time of fun and creativity. In 1962, through the efforts of Mr. Pumpkin and the Sycamore Lions Club, the Sycamore Pumpkin Festival became an official celebration in Sycamore.
Every year, the Pumpkin Festival unites more than 30 DeKalb County non-profit groups working to provide a weekend of Halloween fun for all.
The Courthouse lawn is the center of activities, including thousands of decorated pumpkins on display, there are also art and craft shows, a house walk, a pie eating contest, a carnival, a fun fair, a race and other events. The festival is concluded by a giant parade on Sunday afternoon.
Throughout the festival, good autumn food, snacks and souvenirs are available at stands operated by various not-for-profit DeKalb County organizations.
Event/Application Rules & Regulations
rules are supplied with confirmation letter
The Sycamore Autumn Craft & Treasures Market
(Formerly known as the Sycamore High School Antique, Collectables & Craft Show)
Sycamore High School
Show Dates: October 30 & 31 2010
Please read the Guidelines before completing this application. Type or print clearly and submit application in its entire form.
Dealers Name: _________________________________________
Mailing Address: ___________________________________________________
Email Address: _________________________Phone Number: _________________
# Of Years in Show: __________ Electric needed: _________
What do you Exhibit? __________________________________________________
NEW DEALERS ONLY: Please submit four different photos depicting merchandise to be exhibited. All photos must be labeled with your name and description of items. If you wish your photos to be returned, make sure a SASE is enclosed with sufficient postage, otherwise photos will be kept on file for future shows.
Booth Rental Fee: $125.00 per booth (nonrefundable if booked) If electricity is needed please include a separate check for $10.00 for each booth. Make checks payable to Sycamore Music Boosters. Mail to Sycamore Music Boosters P.O. Box 432, Sycamore, IL 60178
Enclose a letter size self addressed stamped envelope with application and payment. Failure to enclose an envelope will result in the delay of your application.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2010. If your application is not received by this date you may not be able to participate in this years show. This is a juried show and reservations are made through this application process only. Notifications will be made by September 1, 2010.
If you have further questions please contact, Christine Lalowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 815-895-9752.
Sycamore Music Boosters
The Sycamore Autumn Craft & Treasures Market
Information and Guidelines
Doors open to Dealers: Friday, October 29- 4:00 PM to 9:00 pm (set up only)
Saturday, October 30 – 6:30AM to 6:30 PM
Sunday, October 31, 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM (5-6:30 Dismantle)
Doors Open to Public: Saturday & Sunday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Admission Fee: Adults $2.00 Students & Seniors $1.00
Children under 5 free
All booths are inside the Sycamore High School Field House, and are 10’x12’ in size.
All booths needing electrical are located along the exterior walls. All returning dealers that had electricity in the past will be given booths with electricity first, all new requests for electricity will be juried.
Along with your application, you must send a self addressed stamped envelope so that we may send your confirmation letter. Failure to include this may result in the delay of processing your application.
For the benefit of both dealers and patrons, the guidelines below must be followed. Failure to comply WILL result in the loss of your booth.
1. Dealers must check in at the dock door assigned to them with their confirmation notice. Do not arrive before 4:00 PM. School is in session and parking is not available. Please read the parking flyer when you check in, these rules will be enforced.
2. Student volunteers will be available to help dealers move in Friday. Do not expect students to handle heavy items. Please fell free to compensate these volunteers. It is up to your discretion as to how much. Compensation may encourage more of them to return on Sunday night to assist you. We can not guarantee how many students we will have to volunteer. Please also note that there are NO volunteers available on Saturday morning.
3. Your booth must be in accordance with local, county, and state laws and inspections. The Fire Inspector WILL come through on Saturday morning before the doors open.
4. Sycamore City sales tax is 7.5%. This is each dealer’s responsibility to handle the sales tax issue accordingly.
5. Booth rental fee for both days is $125.00 (non-refundable if booked) and an additional $10.00 for electricity per booth. If you are not on the floor by 7:30 AM Saturday morning we reserve the right to rent your booth to someone else.
6. Product must be displayed decoratively on racks or counters or on top of skirted tables with all extra product kept underneath the tables.
7. A booth rental to an individual may not be sold or sublet to another. All merchandise MUST be the same as indicated on your application or we will ask you to dismantle and leave the show. All dealers also MUST have merchandise to sell at their booth. Orders may be taken for special items or products you sell out of.
8. An adult must man your booth at all times. PLEASE DO NOT ASK VOLUNTEERS TO WORK IN YOUR BOOTH.
9. You must provide your own change.
10. Smoking and Alcohol is prohibited anywhere on school property.
11. Cooking/coffee pots, open flame or the playing of musical instruments is not allowed in the field house.
12. DEALERS CAN NOT DISMANTLE THEIR BOOTHS BEFORE 4:00 PM ON SUNDAY. All items should be cleared out of the building by 6:30 PM.
13. NEITHER SYCAMORE MUSIC BOOSTERS OR THE SYCAMORE HIGH ARE LIABLE FOR YOU PROPERTY BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER THE SHOW. THE BUILDING IS CLEARED OF PATRONS AND DEALERS AND LOCKED DURING THE NIGHT.
If you have any questions contact Christine Lalowski at 815-895-9752 or email email@example.com
We are looking forward to a great show this year!!
Sycamore Music Boosters
Local lodging information: Amerihost Inn 1-815-895-4979
Country Inn & Suites 1-800-456-4000
Holiday Inn Express 1-815-748-7400
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with enough postage for the jury materials you are sending to be returned to you. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. No Refunds or Show Credits. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! No pop guns, marshmellow guns or other disruptive items may be sold. Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. No Gas Generators. No Early Packup Allowed. Floor Length Table Cloth Required. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. Event Helping Hands will come around/be available to relieve you for short periods. NO Setup until vehicle fully unloaded and moved. Vehicles can not be brought near stand for un/loading. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.