Event/Application Rules & Regulations
December 3, 2012
Enclosed you will find an application for the Munster Parks and Recreation 2013 Arts & Crafts Fairs. Six arts and crafts fairs will be held in 2013: 15th Annual Winter Arts & Crafts Fair, 18th Annual Spring Arts & Crafts Fair, 4th Annual Grape Escape, 32nd Annual Summer Arts & Crafts Fair, 3rd Annual Pumpkins, Witches & Hayrides, and 28th Annual Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair.
The Winter and Holiday Arts & Crafts Fairs are held inside at Munster High School. The other four are held outside. Again this year, we are holding our Spring Arts & Crafts Fair at Community Park in conjunction with our very successful 15th Annual Car Show. This fair will be held on Saturday, May 4, and has a rain date of the following Saturday, May 11. All of our fair fees are non-refundable once payment is received; however, in the case of inclement weather for this fair only, the rain date will give you an opportunity to sell your product in case May 4 is rained out. If you are unable to make the fair on May 11, you will not be penalized as a �no show�. There will also be concessions, business vendors and a DJ.
Except for the Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair, all of these fairs are held in conjunction with other events, increasing the attendance for our vendors. The Winter Fair is held with our Business/Consumer Fair, the Spring Fair is held with our Car Show, the Summer Fair is held with �Pooch�apalooza, and The Grape Escape, and Pumpkins, Witches & Hayrides are festivals. We held The Grape Escape for the third time in July 2012. This fair is open to Fine Artists, Crafters, and Market vendors. The majority of the attendees are adults, making this a wonderful special event complete with wine tastings and live music.
Please read the instructions carefully for these fairs. Do note that past participation does not guarantee that you will be selected. The Holiday Arts & Crafts has a strict deadline. Do not delay in submitting your application as booth space is limited. All fairs will remain open until filled. The rules and regulations will be administered in a fair and consistent manner to all applicants. Incomplete applications will not be juried, regardless of past participation.
Except for the Holiday Fair, all other fair applications will be juried and, if approved, checks will be cashed as they arrive at the Munster Parks and Recreation office. Applications for the Holiday Fair will be juried together on March 1. Therefore, please date your check for the Holiday Fair March 1, 2013. Please make sure you include the 7% sales tax. If you are accepted into this fair, your check will be cashed on or shortly after March 1.
Thank you for your interest in our Arts & Crafts Fairs. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at (219) 836-PARK.
Barbara L. Holajter
Superintendent of Recreation
P.S. If you need additional application forms, please see our website @ http://www.munster.org.
If you DO NOT want to receive this mailing in the future, please call (219) 836-6923 and we will remove you from our mailing list.
2013 ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR
(Please print clearly)
Business Name (if applicable):
City: State: Zip Code: License Plate #:
Telephone Number: (________) E-mail Address:
Describe Arts & Craft (in detail) All items must be listed:
FEES ARE PER BOOTH. PLEASE ADD 7% SALES TO BOOTH & ELECTRIC. LATE FEE IS NON-TAXABLE.
Fair Name Booth Fee
Limit 2 Electric Fee 1 plug Total Fees 7%
Sales Tax Late Fee
15th Annual Winter / Business
& Consumer Fair
February 16, 2013 (10�x10�) Booth
$75.00 + $20.00 = $ + $ + February 4, 2013
$20.00 = $
18th Annual Spring Fair &
15th Annual Car Show
May 4, 2013 (10�x10�) Booth
$75.00 + N/A $ + $ + April 22, 2013
$20.00 = $
4th Annual Grape Escape
July 20, 2013 (15� x 10�) Booth
$75.00 + N/A $ + $ + July 5, 2013
$20.00 = $
32nd Annual Summer Fair
August 17 & 18, 2013 (15�x10�) Booth
$90.00 + N/A $ + $ + August 2, 2013
$20.00 = $
3rd Annual Pumpkins,
Witches & Hayrides
October 5, 2013 (10�x10�) Booth
$30.00 N/A $ $ + September 20, 2013
$20.00 = $
27th Annual Holiday Fair
December 7 & 8, 2013 (10�x10�) Booth
$145.00 + $20.00 = $ + $ + March 1, 2013
$20.00 = $
1. Please check fair(s).
2. Add booth fee and electric fee (if applicable) enter in Total Fees column.
3. Calculate 7% sales tax, enter in Sales Tax column.
4. Add late fee (if applicable).
5. Enter total fees in Total Amount column.
(MUST BE SIGNED BEFORE YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS FAIR)
MUNSTER PARKS AND RECREATION and MUNSTER HIGH SCHOOL will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, defacement or destruction of any property displayed by the Vendor no matter how it is caused. This also includes Personal Injury. MUNSTER PARKS AND RECREATION provides no insurance on the Vendor or against the acts or omissions of the Vendor, its agents or employees. All insurance for personal property, public liability and personal injury must be carried by the Vendor.
ALL ARTS & CRAFTS MUST BE HANDMADE & ORIGINAL DESIGNS OF THE VENDOR. I agree that I have read and understand the contract. I agree to exhibit at the above listed show(s) under all listed and specified conditions within this contract (see Rules & Regulations).
NAME (Please Print):
2013 ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR
RULES & REGULATIONS
DATES: WINTER, FEBRUARY 16, 2013
SPRING, MAY 4, 2013 (Rain Date: May 11)
THE GRAPE ESCAPE, JULY 20, 2013
SUMMER, AUGUST 17 & 18, 2013
FALL, OCTOBER 5, 2013 (Rain Date: Oct. 6)
HOLIDAY, DECEMBER 7 & 8, 2013
SET UP TIME: Saturday - 6:30 AM to 9:00 AM (WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER & HOLIDAY FAIRS)
Saturday - 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (FALL FAIR)
Saturday - 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM (THE GRAPE ESCAPE) You may set up and sell earlier if you want.
Please call Barb (219) 836-6923 to arrange.
Sunday - 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM (SUMMER & HOLIDAY FAIRS)
Munster Parks and Recreation and Munster High School assume no responsibility for displays and/or merchandise.) SET UP IS NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME ON FRIDAY
SHOW HOURS: Saturday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (WINTER FAIR, SPRING FAIR)
Saturday: 12:00 PM to 8PM (THE GRAPE ESCAPE)
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (FALL)
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (SUMMER & HOLIDAY FAIRS)
PLACE: WINTER/HOLIDAY FAIRS SPRING FAIR SUMMER/FALL/GRAPE ESCAPE
Munster High School Community Park Centennial Park
8808 Columbia Avenue 8601 Calumet Ave. 90l N. Centennial Dr.
Munster, IN Munster, IN Munster, IN
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the fair is filled. Vendors will be notified whether or not they have been entered into the Fair. If a SASE is not provided, you will be contacted by email (please print clearly).
BOOTH FEE: $75.00 plus 7% sales tax (WINTER FAIR) for booth space approximately 10� x 10�
$75.00 plus 7% sales tax (SPRING FAIR) for booth space approximately 10� x 10�
$75.00 plus 7% sales tax (THE GRAPE ESCAPE) for booth space approximately 15� x 10�
$90.00 plus 7% sales tax (SUMMER FAIR) for booth space approximately 15� x 10�
$30.00 plus 7% sales tax (FALL) for booth space approximately 10� x 10�, plus raffle donation ($10 value)
$145.00 plus 7% sales tax (HOLIDAY FAIR) for booth space approximately 10� x 10�
CHECKS OR MONEY ORDER ONLY
$20.00 LATE FEE IF APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE FOLLOWING DATES: LATE FEES ARE NON-TAXABLE. (Winter-Feb. 4, Spring-April 22, Grape Escape-July 5, Summer-Aug. 2,
Fall-Sept. 20, and Holiday-March 1). LIMIT TWO BOOTH SPACES
ELECTRIC FEE: Electric space is limited (WINTER & HOLIDAY FAIRS).
$20.00 per 110 volt plug-in plus 7% sales tax.
A limited amount of electricity is available for The Grape Escape, Summer and Fall Fairs, please call Barb (219) 836-6923 to arrange.
SELECTION: Applications will be reviewed by Munster Parks and Recreation staff on an individual basis. Vendors will be accepted into the fair based on jury requirements being met (see page 2) and on the number of media received. The jury reserves the right to reject any and all applications. All Fair applications will be juried and checks cashed as they arrive at the Munster Parks and Recreation office, except for the Holiday Fair where all applications will be juried together on March 1.
MEDIA Oil Painting, Pen & Ink Drawing, Watercolors, Acrylics, Blown Glass, Tole Painting, Sculpture, Clay
ACCEPTED: Pottery, Photography Prints, Wood, Fabric, Carvings, Calligraphy, Floral, Ceramic, Jewelry & Wearable Art.
NFS CHECKS: ALL Non-Sufficient Fund Checks will be assessed a $27.50 Service Charge.
REFUNDS: NO refunds will be made once you are confirmed as a Vendor into the Fair.
ADVERTISING: Newspapers, Posters, Flyers, Cable TV, Arts & Craft Fairs Publications, websites, Seasonal Brochures.
PARKING: Vendors must park their vehicles in an assigned parking area by designated time.
TAX RATE: The Indiana Retail Tax Rate is 7%. Please have your �Retail Merchant Certificate� with you. If you do not have a Retail merchant Certificate, you may register on-line at http://www.in.gov,
locate the Forms icon, and complete Form BT-1. You may also register at the Merrillville District Office (219-769-4267) located at 8368 Louisiana Ave., Merrillville, IN.
2013 ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR
RULES & REGULATIONS
ARTISTS & CRAFTERS (PLEASE READ)
1. JURY REQUIREMENTS: Vendors must submit four color photographs of their work. This includes 2 �IN PROGRESS PHOTOS� of their work (starting and mid-way progress) and two �FINISHED� photographs of their work. Also, vendors are to submit 1 photograph of their display or a sketch of the display on the back of the application form. Vendors may bring their items into the Munster Parks and Recreation Office for approval, but they must also submit the photographs required for their participation.
Vendors not accepted into the Fair will have their photos returned. Vendors accepted into the Fair will have their photos returned at the Fair.
2. Vendors must be 18 years of age or older.
3. NO IMPORTS, WHOLESALERS, FLEA MARKETS OR JOBBERS will be allowed. All Arts & Crafts must be handmade and original works and designs of the Vendor. Munster Parks and Recreation reserves the right to limit the number of entries per media.
4. NO ACCESSORIES (unless they are the handmade and original works and designs of the Vendor) can be sold.
5. NO PACKAGED FOOD PRODUCTS are to be sold by Arts & Craft Vendors (i.e. candy bars, water, etc.).
6. NO GIFT BASKETS of any kind are to be sold by Arts & Craft Vendors.
7. Vendors may only sell the items that were approved with their application. If non-approved items are displayed for sale or any reason, vendors will be asked to remove these items. If the item(s) are not removed, vendors will be asked to leave the Fair, and will not be accepted into any future Fairs or events. This includes any Fair or event into which the vendor has already been accepted.
8. Vendors are required to exhibit both days and all hours of the Fair, and to be on time. Early departing vendors and those vendors who fail to exhibit both days of the Fair (i.e. no-shows) will not be accepted into future Fairs or events. This includes any Fair or event into which the vendor has already been accepted.
9. Display booths and areas must be kept clean and neat at all times. All packing boxes, supplies and personal food containers must be hidden from the public view. The vendor booth and area must be left clean and neat at the end of the Fair. Vendors are to remove the masking tape from the floor and around your booth space before the doors open to the public on Saturday.
10. Vendors may not display or distribute any arts and crafts or information pertaining to their arts and crafts outside their designated booth(s). Any violators of this rule will be asked to leave the Fair immediately.
11. DEMONSTRATIONS: Vendors are encouraged to demonstrate their work. If what you are demonstrating will do damage to the floor, you will have to bring a floor covering (i.e. rug) to cover the floor area inside your booth where you will be demonstrating. If you do not adhere to this request, you will not be able to demonstrate your work.
12. No candle or incense burning is allowed.
13. THERE IS NO STAKING OF TENTS AT CENTENNIAL PARK. ALL TENTS MUST BE HELD DOWN WITH WEIGHTS.
14. Electrical outlets may only be used if the appropriate fee is paid. If you request an electrical outlet(s), you must bring your own electrical cords and tape. (indoor fairs only)
15. Vendors must supply their own displays, chairs, tables, props and table coverings. No defacement or hanging anything on the walls of this facility is allowed.
16. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED. There is NO SMOKING allowed in Munster High School, including the restrooms. NO PETS allowed in Munster High School. All violators of these rules will be asked to leave the Fair and will not be accepted into future Fairs. This includes any Fair(s) that the vendor has already been accepted into.
17. Please follow an appropriate dress code.
18. Questions from vendors prior to the Fair, may be answered by calling Munster Parks and Recreation at (219) 836-7275. During the Fair, Munster Parks and Recreation staff is available to answer any questions or concerns at the check-in/information table. For emergencies only, please call (219) 712-6321.
Common Rules Selected:
Previous acceptance does not guarantee re-acceptance. Jury materials will be returned to you. Vendors do not have to signup for all event dates. Spots are assigned prior to show based by promoter. No Refunds or Show Credits. Held Rain or Shine! Overnight Security Provided. ALL product categories must be itemized on the application. No vendor may sell any soft drinks, name brand drinks, or bottled water. No streamer poppers, snaps, silly string, stink bombs or other similar items may be sold! Trash must be removed from your space to provided receptacles. Floor Length Table Cloth Required. Food Service will take orders from and deliver to vendor booths. NO Setup until vehicle fully unloaded and moved. Vehicle must be parked in designated areas. Standard Rules:
All work and displays must stay within designated space.
No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible.
Spot area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards.
No soliciting, approaching patrons, or distribution of advertising material outside of booth area.
All vendors must have a state sales tax license. Vendors are responsible for collecting and remitting all sales tax.